Terms of Sale
These terms and conditions were last amended on 16 August 2023.
These terms and conditions govern:
- (i) your use of our Website; and
- (ii) any purchases you make from Harry’s Country Kitchen (HCK).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By placing an order for products you are agreeing to the terms that appear below.
Definitions to Help You:
- "You" and "Your" means anyone who uses the Website or orders products from HCK.
- "HCK" or "We" or "Us" or "Our" means HCK Grocery Limited t/a Harry’s Country Kitchen.
- "Website" means www.harryscountrykitchen.com.
- These terms and conditions regulate the supply of products to you by us. Any other terms, conditions or representations (other than those made fraudulently or implied by statute) are excluded.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
1. About Us
We are HCK Grocery Limited t/a Harry’s Country Kitchen with registered address PO Box 254, Deeside, CH5 9FR. We are a company registered in England and Wales, with a registration number of 14217455.
2. Our Website
- 2.1. Personal use: You are personally welcome to use our Website to browse our information or to place an online order.
- 2.2. Hacking: You must not hack into our Website, attempt to post content which is in any way offensive or obscene, or use our Website or your online shopping account to distribute any kind of computer virus.
- 2.3. Linking: You are not permitted to link to our Website from any of your own sites or business pages, without our express prior approval.
- 2.4. Accuracy: We try to ensure that any details, descriptions and prices which appear on our Website are accurate. Sometimes errors can occur. We will try to rectify pricing errors as soon as possible. We reserve the right to correct any error or omissions without any prior notice.
- 2.5. Third party links: We may include links on our Website to other sites that are not controlled by us. We are not responsible for any content on such Websites.
- 2.6. Agreement: You must agree to these terms and conditions in their entirety to shop online with us.
3. Intellectual Property
- 3.1. Content: All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall at all times be vested in us or our third-party licensors. All rights are reserved.
- 3.2. Use: You may use the content on our Website for your personal use in placing orders through our Website or informing yourself in respect of our business. However, you must not otherwise copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit, use or create derivative works of any material data and content on our Website without our prior written permission.
4. Order Process
- 4.1. Age limit: You must be over 18 to place an order with us.
- 4.2. Delivery address: You must have a delivery address within our delivery area.
- 4.3. Contact details: You must keep your contact details updated, so that we can speak to you about your orders. You can do this via your online account on the Website or by calling our friendly Customer Care team.
- 4.4. Contact Centre: You can place an order by calling our Customer Care team. You must have a valid debit or credit card, in your name, to place an order.
- 4.5. Website: You can place an order by logging on to our Website, selecting the products you wish to purchase, and completing the checkout process.
- 4.6. We monitor and track all online purchases and transactions. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or cancel any customer online account, at any time.
5. Prices and Payment
- 5.1. Errors: It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some pricing on our Website, or in our brochures or advertising materials may not be correct. We reserve the right to refuse to process any order based on information that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, out-of-date information regarding pricing or delivery. We will endeavour to inform you where there is a pricing mistake in an order you have placed, giving you the option of continuing to purchase at the correct price or amending the order. If we are unable to contact you, we may at our discretion, decide to cancel the order. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as genuine mispricing by us, we do not have to provide the products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- 5.2. VAT: Where applicable, prices shown will include Value Added Tax. We endeavour to keep our Website updated with prices which indicate the current rate of VAT. You will be charged the current prevailing rate on the day of your delivery.
- 5.3. Minimum order value: There is no minimum order value. However, delivery charges will apply to orders with a value of less than £40.
- 5.4. Methods of payment: We accept payment from MasterCard, Visa Credit, Visa Debit (UK registered cards only), American Express, Android Pay and Apple Pay. The address to which a card is registered must be the same as the billing address.
- 5.5. Payment of the full order value will be taken at the time of order. If you amend your order to increase the order value, payment of the additional amount will be taken at the time. If you amend your order to decrease the order value, you will be refunded the difference. The refund will be processed when your order is picked, but may take up to 5 working days to appear depending on your card issuer.
- 5.6. Failed payment: If we are unable to process your card payment on placing your order, your order will not be placed.
- 5.7. Order acknowledgment: When you have placed an order we will send you an email acknowledging your order. This is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
- 5.8. Contract: A legally binding contract will only arise once we have completed delivery of the products to you. Once we have delivered the products to you, you become the owner of the products. You will have no legal liability in connection with your order until the products have been delivered to you.
- 5.9. Images: The images of the products on the Website are for illustration only. Your products may vary slightly from those images. The packaging of the products may vary from that shown on images on our Website.
- 5.10. Not for resale: We do not supply products for resale unless we have specifically agreed this with you in writing. All products supplied for your own use.
- 5.11. Statutory rights: Our products aim to comply with your legal rights to be of satisfactory quality, to be fit for purpose, and to match their description. These rights are known as your statutory rights.
6. Cancelling Your Order and Refund Process
Amending your order:
- 6.1. You can amend your order at any time up to 23:59 the day before your order is due to be delivered. There are no limitations on how many times you can amend an order.
Cancelling your order:
- 6.2. You can cancel your order at any time up to 23.59 the day before your order is due to be delivered. As we supply perishable products, once your order is dispatched you are no longer able to cancel it.
6.3. How to cancel: You can cancel an order by visiting our Website, by contacting us via our Customer Care team, or by contacting your Community Champion. You will need to provide your details and the order number you wish to cancel.
- 7.1. Delivery: There is no charge for delivery on orders of £40 or more. Orders under £40 will have a delivery charge of £6.95.
- 7.2. Delivery timeslot booking process:
- 7.2.1. Contact Centre: The Contact Centre will discuss available timeslots with you and book the slot you request.
- 7.2.2. Website orders: To book a delivery slot, select an available timeslot on the Book a Delivery page.
- 7.3. Your delivery address must be within our delivery areas.
- 7.4. Next day delivery available for orders received before midday only.
- 7.5. Orders received after midday which have been selected for next day delivery, will be delivered the day after the next calendar day.
Harry’s Country Kitchen local deliveries
- 7.4. Harry’s Country Kitchen local delivery service offers delivery slots Monday – Friday 9am-1pm and 12pm-6pm. Delivery windows are subject to availability. We will aim to deliver your order within the morning or afternoon timeslot we have agreed with you, but we cannot accept liability if we deliver outside of that slot, or if we are unable to deliver all of the goods ordered.
- 7.5 You must be at home to receive your delivery. If you are not at home the delivery will be returned to our depot and you will not be entitled to a refund.
National third-party courier deliveries
- 7.6 Where you have elected for your delivery to be made by our third party courier, you will be notified of your one-hour delivery slot the day before the delivery is due.
- 7.7 If you are not at home to receive your delivery, our courier will leave it on your doorstep.
- 7.8 Our third party courier will aim to deliver your order within the timeslot, but we cannot accept liability if delivery takes place outside the timeslot.
- 7.9 Our third party courier does not deliver on Bank Holidays.
General delivery terms
- 7.9. We will deliver goods to your door. Our delivery drivers and couriers will assist where possible, but they are not obliged to enter your premises.
- 7.10. It may not always be possible to deliver your order, in situations such as where our driver or courier believes it is unsafe or impractical to approach the property, where there is an uncontrolled or dangerous animal in or around the property, or where the courier cannot reach the property due to bad weather.
- 7.11. Proof of identity may be requested upon delivery.
- 7.12. Signature upon receipt of the goods, or a photograph of the delivery on your doorstep, will be proof of delivery.
- 7.13. Age restricted items: We reserve the right to withhold the delivery of age-restricted items to persons who look under the age of 25 and cannot prove that they are 18 or over, are under the age of 18, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol.
- 7.14. Ownership of, and risk in, the goods will pass to you once we have delivered your order. You should read all the information on the product label carefully, paying particular attention to allergens. If the delivery address stated on your order is not the address where you live, we will not be liable for any damage or detriment to the goods caused by the onward delivery to you.
- 7.15. We may decline to offer delivery in the event of a temporary failure of electrical equipment, mechanical breakdown, industrial action, adverse weather conditions or other reasons beyond our reasonable control. The withdrawal of a delivery is at our discretion, and our decision will be final.
- 7.16. Whilst we take every care to deliver your order, we cannot be liable for any loss or damage you may incur (whether direct or indirect) arising from any delay, failure or other problem relating to our delivery of the goods.
- 7.17 If you have a complaint regarding your delivery (for example damaged packaging), please contact us immediately and retain both the product and the packaging. We may require photographs of the delivery in order to verify your complaint. Failure to retain your delivery and/or provide photos may mean we are unable to process your complaint.
8. Quality assurance
- 8.1. If you are unhappy with the quality of any of the products you receive, we will happily refund your money. This is in line with our “quality promise” which is printed on all our packaging and materials. Refunds are applicable to the product you are not satisfied with, not the order as a whole.
- 8.2. To request a refund of a product you are unsatisfied with, contact us by completing the form on our Website: https://harryscountrykitchen.com/pages/contact-us.You will need to provide your details and the order number you wish to cancel. We will process the refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 calendar days of the date your refund is processed. We will usually refund you by the same method as your original payment.
9. Special Offers, Promotions and Competitions
- 9.1. Geographical exclusions: From time to time, and in our complete discretion, we may offer special pricing, bundles, deals, discounts or similar to our customers. These offers are available in the UK only.
- 9.2. Availability: Offers may vary from region to region and channel of purchase of the products. All offers are subject to availability.
- 9.3. Changes: We may change the terms of special offers, or withdraw them altogether, at any time and without prior notice. We reserve the right to offer, in our complete discretion, different customers different special offers, promotions and the ability to enter different competitions.
- 9.4. Discount codes: Only one discount code of any type may be used per transaction, unless stated otherwise. If we believe, in our reasonable opinion, that a discount code has been used more than once, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to not apply the discount code to the transaction and to take full payment using the payment method selected, or we may elect to cancel the order entirely.
10. Our Liability
- 10.1. Unrestricted by law: Nothing in these terms and conditions will restrict our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our acts or omissions, breach of contract, or breach of statutory duty.
- 10.2. Statutory rights: Nothing in these terms and conditions will restrict any of your statutory rights.
- 10.3. Limitation of liability: We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, or damage, or loss of profits, or reliance you may have had in having the products or your order delivered to you, which arises out of any failure by us to supply the products or your order to you.
- 10.4. Force majeure: We will not be deemed to be in breach of contract or of these terms and conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment and road traffic problems.
- 10.5. Maximum liability: Other than as set out above, our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of products to you will be limited to the price of the products contained in that order.
11. Variation to These Terms and Conditions
- 11.1. Notice: We may change these terms and conditions from time to time and will you of notify this by stating the date of the version at the top of this page.
12. Other Important Terms
- 12.1. Assignment: We may transfer our rights and obligations under any order to another organisation, but that will not affect your rights or obligations.
- 12.2. Severance: Each of the paragraphs of these terms and conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 12.3. Waiver: If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations, or we do not enforce our rights against you or delay in doing so, that will not mean that all our rights are waived. Any waiver by us will be confirmed in writing and will not mean that we waive rights on an ongoing basis.
- 12.4. Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of same shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any disputes arising.
- 12.5. Disputes: If our Customer Care team is unable to resolve any complaint or issue you may have, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you can pursue this matter via the European Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Website. This will ask you to complete the details of the complaint using this online form and they will contact us in due course. The European ODR Website can be found here. It is not compulsory for us to participate in this dispute resolution process and we reserve our right to assess this on a case by case basis.
13. Customer Care
If you have any questions or comments, you are welcome to contact our Customer Care team by the following methods:
- Telephone: 0800 029 3263, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (opening hours are subject to change). Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
- In writing to: Customer Care, Harry’s Country Kitchen, PO Box 254, Deeside, CH5 9FR.
14. CUSTOMERS – £10 OFF FIRST ORDER WITH MINIMUM £40 SPEND